CUPS support for FPC libs
Juha Manninen
2017-06-04 09:34:18 UTC
Regarding issue:

Could cupsdyn.pp be moved to FPC packages?
In Lazarus printer4lazarus package it is wrongly tied to widgetset
instead of OS. It prevents using CUPS with QT widgetset for example.
FPC's OS dependent libs are logically the right place for such a unit.

Maybe FPC already supports CUPS somehow. I did not study the issue further.

Juha
http://lists.
Michael Van Canneyt
2017-06-04 10:07:18 UTC
Post by Juha Manninen
Could cupsdyn.pp be moved to FPC packages?
Probably, yes.
Post by Juha Manninen
In Lazarus printer4lazarus package it is wrongly tied to widgetset
instead of OS. It prevents using CUPS with QT widgetset for example.
FPC's OS dependent libs are logically the right place for such a unit.
Maybe FPC already supports CUPS somehow. I did not study the issue further.
As far as I know, it does not. I don't see any evidence of it, but if you
create a ticket and assign it to me, I will add it.

Michael.
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bi
Juha Manninen
2017-11-25 10:44:27 UTC
On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 1:07 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
Post by Michael Van Canneyt
As far as I know, it does not. I don't see any evidence of it, but if you
create a ticket and assign it to me, I will add it.
Finally I created a ticket for moving cupsdyn.pp to FPC sources:
Michael, I cannot assign it to anybody. Not enough rights. Could you
please assign it yourself.

Juha
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mai