non volatile registers.
Marco van de Voort
2017-06-07 15:02:24 UTC
I can remember somebody (Sven?) explaining how to save non volatile
(xmm) registers callee side on win64. (equivalent to Delphi .savenv)

I searched for that post (some mantis comment?) but can't find it. A quick
test seems to indicate that simply adding it to the registers list doesn't
work. (or it is caller that saves, which is not useful in my (DLL) case)

Does sb (Sven?) remember that discussion?

I guess I can all save them manually in local variables.

Marco van de Voort
2017-06-07 15:06:27 UTC
Post by Marco van de Voort
I can remember somebody (Sven?) explaining how to save non volatile
(xmm) registers callee side on win64. (equivalent to Delphi .savenv)
I searched for that post (some mantis comment?) but can't find it. A quick
test seems to indicate that simply adding it to the registers list doesn't
work. (or it is caller that saves, which is not useful in my (DLL) case)
Does sb (Sven?) remember that discussion?
I guess I can all save them manually in local variables.
Got it, no assembler procedure, just an "asm" block within a proper
procedure.
http://lists.freepascal.org