Generics.Collections June update
Maciej Izak
2018-06-28 06:52:13 UTC

I have decide to keep compatibility for Generics.Collections with FPC 3.0.4
and trunk as long as possible (library is important for many users). First
update and related bug report:

The patch includes latest changes from original library :

* basic information why Generics.Collections library in FPC trunk is not up
to date
* unified code base between FPC trunk, library and NewPascal. Previously
trunk was priority, so there was some minor differences between FPC trunk
version, github repo and NewPascal version. Now the order is : library on
github > NewPascal > FPC trunk
* reworked patch and reworked test from Michalis Kamburelis for xxHash32
pure pascal version (problem highly visible for MacOS version and for non
Intel CPUs), fix issue 9 in "github issues"
* link to proper bugtracker for bugs related to this library :
https://github.com/maciej-izak/generics.collections/issues
* update for inactive freesparta.com links (newpascal.org is used instead
of freesparta.com)
* some new proper credits in few places
--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak
Sven Barth via fpc-devel
2018-06-28 20:13:35 UTC
Post by Maciej Izak
* some new proper credits in few places
Two questions regarding this:
- who is DaThoX and in how far are they related to you and your work?
(just out of curiosity)
- why is it that you adjusted DaThoX' copyright range, but not yours at
the top?

http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/li
Maciej Izak
2018-06-28 21:20:36 UTC
Post by Sven Barth via fpc-devel
Post by Maciej Izak
* some new proper credits in few places
- who is DaThoX and in how far are they related to you and your work?
(just out of curiosity)
- why is it that you adjusted DaThoX' copyright range, but not yours at
the top?
DaThoX is my self-employment company (am I CEO? lol), initially intended
for gamedev, the full name of company is:

"Maciej Izak DaThoX"

It was used for my work for Embarcadero (XE2 times) and for some projects
with my small team (anyway the huge amount of work for rendering and
physics was done by Krystian Komisarek, my job was rather related to
back-end and for other useful libraries and tools around):

(this editor was fully
integrated with Delphi IDE and object inspector)

all created in Object Pascal.

DaThoX is now active again for my new contracts, sadly not game-dev.
"DaThoX" will be used for some commercial tools or plugins for Lazarus in
the future for invoicing.

Krystian still works in gamedev and is using DaThoX name (probably with
sentiment), sadly all his new stuff is created in C++ :

https://www.facebook.com/dathox.litron
https://www.facebook.com/252831338117714/photos/a.1592418427492325.1073741828.252831338117714/1592417657492402/?type=3&theater
http://spider.dathox.com/
--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak
Maciej Izak
2018-06-29 10:23:57 UTC
Post by Sven Barth via fpc-devel
- why is it that you adjusted DaThoX' copyright range, but not yours at
the top?
on the top is date of creation :) (it seems like standard, but maybe I am
wrong).
--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak
Sven Barth via fpc-devel
2018-06-30 06:49:26 UTC
Post by Maciej Izak
Post by Sven Barth via fpc-devel
- why is it that you adjusted DaThoX' copyright range, but not yours at
the top?
on the top is date of creation :) (it seems like standard, but maybe I am
wrong).
We usually have the date ranges at the top 🀷‍♀