NewPascal cooperation
Maciej Izak
2016-11-10 10:33:06 UTC
NewPascal future should be bright. My decision was too hasty. Few persons
of whole community (especially in Delphi) is not whole community. When you
do what you can best, totally for free then the critic (or ban) hurts more
than critic for commercial projects. Maybe is time to cut off G+ Delphi
community cuz I have enough work with FPC core team ;) (discussion with
core team is very constructive while discussions what can I post and why
not on G+ Delphi community is pointless).

I can't leave and drop support for many projects: fpcdelux by Don Alfredo
(rather fpcdelux has support for NP), mORMot by A. Bouchez, "Pascal UE"
engine by Benjamin Rosseaux, Castle Game Engine by Michalis Kamburelis and
my current job. This has gone too far...

What you would expect from NewPascal project? What is most important target
for you? How we can cooperate in better way with FPC core team?

I will try to run G+ NewPascal community soon. It might be good to have
more persons in NewPascal and own G+ community site. I don't mean "schism"
in FPC community. NewPascal should be early access system, easy start for
cross-platforms development, modern looking project hosted on GitHub to
attract more developers, management of SDK (for example for Android) better
CI system both for NewPascal and regular FPC trunk, patches for mORMot and
Delphi compatibility, and place where I can put new language features
(discussed ofc with FPC core team -,- meh).

I will try to have more patience for patches and FPC core team (is that
possible? ;P).
--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak
Jonas Maebe
2016-11-10 10:37:05 UTC
Post by Maciej Izak
I will try to have more patience for patches and FPC core team (is that
possible? ;P).
Thank you :)

Jonas
http://lists.freepascal.or
Dennis Poon
2016-11-10 10:53:20 UTC
Post by Maciej Izak
[...]
I really like your Generics.Colletions work. I share the same interface
with that of Delphi, so I can easily find usage examples of it on the
net which is important.
I have no idea how to use fgl properly and had to try and error, which
is dangerous for a programmer.

I also used your NewPascal installation to cross compile to ARM. You
save me a lot of time.

I intend to use mORMot in future as well. It appears to be on a good path.

I can't negate any bad critics but please consider my positive feedback
to your great work.

Dennis
Marco van de Voort
2016-11-10 20:08:19 UTC
Post by Maciej Izak
I will try to have more patience for patches and FPC core team (is that
possible? ;P).?
(Please submit small Delphi compatibility improvements separately:-)
Inoussa OUEDRAOGO
2016-11-11 08:42:54 UTC
Post by Maciej Izak
NewPascal future should be bright. My decision was too hasty.
It is great to have you back.
--
Inoussa O.