Detecting clashing ppus
Add Reply
C Western
2017-04-01 08:40:06 UTC
I recently encountered a problem with clashing .ppu files - see the
thread in the lazarus mailing list "Strange problem compiling IDE". I
found it difficult to track down, and it would have been much easier if
the full pathname had been given. Looking at the compiler source this
looks like a trivial change - see attached patch. The error message then
changes from

Warning: Recompiling Expr, checksum changed for spe.ppu {impl}

to:

Warning: Recompiling Expr, checksum changed for
/home/me/fpc/lazarus.w/components/tachart/lib/i386-linux/gtk2/spe.ppu {impl}

The former took me a long time to fix, whereas the latter points
immediately to the problem (a local copy of something in the fpc numlib
package).

Is this a sensible change?

Colin
Sven Barth via fpc-devel
2017-04-01 10:35:21 UTC
Post by C Western
Is this a sensible change?
I'd say so. If no other core dev complains during the day I'll commit it
tomorrow.