Purpose of AutoEdit property of StringGrid
Чернов Дмитрий
2016-07-17 17:13:58 UTC
Jesus Reyes A.
2016-07-17 18:33:28 UTC
Hi again.
Recently I've played around the StringGrids and noticed one weird thing.
AutoEdit
is selected
Options/goAlwaysShowEditor
edit mode by pressing >some character key or F2 key.
And here comes the question: what's the difference between them?
I've also noticed that goAlwaysShowEditor=True overrides behavior of
AutoEdit=False.
Anyway thanks.
_____
Dmitry D. Chernov
Both options work only when goEditing option is true.

If the goAlwaysShowEditor option is true, yes, the editor will be always
visible, if it is false, the editor is not always visible. You have may
not noticed that the editor is visible, change the grid color to something
different than the default, then it will be obvious.

If the editor is not always visible and you do a click in a cell that is
not selected, the cell becomes focused. If you do a second click AND
AutoEdit=true, then the editor becomes visible, I guess is called AutoEdit
because you don't have to use the keyboard in order to show the editor. In
other words, the AutoEdit works with mouse clicks, it seems from the
description that you quoted that the description needs an update.

Jesus Reyes A.
Чернов Дмитрий
2016-07-18 14:42:04 UTC
José Mejuto
2016-07-18 15:56:56 UTC
Thanks for answer, but I'm familiar enough with FPC/Lazarus, so I know
about editors in grids.
My question is about necessity of AutoEdit property in the presence of
goAlwaysShowEditor option.
Hello,

The goAlwaysShowEditor shows the editor but I think in read only mode,
you can not edit, or should not be able to.
http://list
Чернов Дмитрий
2016-07-18 17:05:00 UTC
Jesus Reyes A.
2016-07-18 17:29:55 UTC
Thanks for answer, but I'm familiar enough with FPC/Lazarus, so I know
about editors in grids.
My question is about necessity of AutoEdit property in the presence of
goAlwaysShowEditor option.
___
Dmitry D. Chernov
"About necessity of AutoEdit property in presence of goAlwaysShowEditor"
.... , There is no such necessity, why do you think that there is a
necessity?. Obviously AutoEdit only works when goAlwaysShowEditor=false as
I tried to explain in my previous reply, if AutoEdit has any effect when
goAlwaysShowEditor is true, then you have found a bug.

Jesus Reyes A.