FastRTTI for FPC
Maciej Izak
2018-08-16 19:26:21 UTC

operators"

> fpc-***@lists.freepascal.org>:
>>
>> Sorry that it took me so long, but I wanted to reread your proposed
>> FastRTTI changes before deciding and I only found the time this evening.
>>
>> I'm currently indeed leaning towards option 2.
>>

> This is good info.
>

>> If you want to prepare this you can of course do it in a way that allows
>> to easily add in your other FastRTTI changes at a later date (though those
>> are still a bit up for debate (lessthe principal idea, more the concrete
>> implementation)).
>>

> This is good info too. So we can keep all gathered information about
> "managed things" in compiler without producing final FastRTTI (only
> mentioned table of initialization operators - which is special).
>
> I agree that implementation in details may change and is for debate.
>
> In early July I will prepare code base for both : FPC trunk and NewPascal,
> and I will continue development of FastRTTI:

I just want to say that I am not able to do this patch for FPC (or any
other patch) - there is no technical reason but rather sense of injustice
in many aspects (finally FastRTTI is important part of my ban).

IMO The best solution from topic "Attn Sven: New flags related to
management operators" ATM is option 3 :

3. moving "Flags: TRecordInfoInitFlags;" into private section of record in
TypInfo module, it can be removed in the future (if needed) without
breaking backward compatibility for users code.

FPC will stay with improper / slower solution for the problem (until
someone will decide to solve this in proper way).

I need to inform that I am not allowed (this is not my decision) to use
fpc-devel / fpc-pascal anymore to inform about progress/announcements of my
work for my branches of FPC (or anything related to NewPascal) so if
someone is interested in news about more optimal management operators
should rather track http://newpascal.org or
https://plus.google.com/+MaciejIzak .

--
Best regards,