Discussion:
@Gareth messages thread
(too old to reply)
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-devel
2018-07-31 10:10:25 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Hi Gareth,

could you please try again to fix the threading for your messages ?

It's hard to follow your very interesting conversation's without
proper list thread support.


regards,

--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis
_______________________________________________
fpc-devel maillist - fpc-***@lists.freepascal.org
http://lists.freep
J. Gareth Moreton
2018-07-31 16:05:34 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
I can only apologise for that. I can only
send and receive emails through a webmail
system on this address, and it doesn't
seem to honour the threading of the
messages. I'm not sure what option I'm
missing if there is one.

Gareth aka. Kit


On Tue 31/07/18 11:10 , "Dimitrios Chr.
Ioannidis via fpc-devel" fpc-
***@lists.freepascal.org sent:
> Hi Gareth,
>
>
>
> could you please try again to fix the
threading for your messages ?
>
>
>
> It's hard to follow your very
interesting conversation's without
>
> proper list thread support.
>
>
>
>
>
> regards,
>
>
>
> --
>
> Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis
>
>
__________________________________________
_____
>
> fpc-devel maillist - fpc-
***@lists.freepascal.org
> http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-
bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-devel
>
>
>
>

_______________________________________________
fpc-devel maillist - fpc-***@lists.freepascal.org
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/lis
Nikolai Zhubr
2018-07-31 18:54:18 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Hi,

31.07.2018 19:05, J. Gareth Moreton:
> I can only apologise for that. I can only
> send and receive emails through a webmail
> system on this address, and it doesn't
> seem to honour the threading of the
> messages. I'm not sure what option I'm
> missing if there is one.

Sorry if I sound dumb, but maybe create e.g. some new gmail.com account
for this and just use Thunderbird mailer with it? Would require maybe 15
minutes to arrange. (Unless you use some very unusual OS where
Thuderbird is unavailable or some very ugly uplink provider which
filters normal traffic horribly)


Regards,
Nikolai

> Gareth aka. Kit
>
>
> On Tue 31/07/18 11:10 , "Dimitrios Chr.
> Ioannidis via fpc-devel" fpc-
> ***@lists.freepascal.org sent:
>> Hi Gareth,
>>
>>
>>
>> could you please try again to fix the
> threading for your messages ?

_______________________________________________
fpc-devel maillist - fpc-***@lists.freepascal.org
http://lists.freepascal.org/cg
J. Gareth Moreton
2018-07-31 16:14:22 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
I've sent a message to my ISP to see if
that sheds any light.

I'm honoured that my conversations are
interesting!

Gareth aka. Kit

On Tue 31/07/18 17:05 , "J. Gareth
Moreton" ***@moreton-family.com sent:
> I can only apologise for that. I can
only
>
> send and receive emails through a
webmail
>
> system on this address, and it doesn't
>
> seem to honour the threading of the
>
> messages. I'm not sure what option I'm
>
> missing if there is one.
>
>
>
> Gareth aka. Kit
>
>
>
>
>
> On Tue 31/07/18 11:10 , "Dimitrios Chr.
>
> Ioannidis via fpc-devel" fpc-
>
> de
> ***@lists.freepascal.org sent:
> > Hi Gareth,
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > could you please try again to fix the
>
> threading for your messages ?
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > It's hard to follow your very
>
> interesting conversation's without
>
> >
>
> > proper list thread support.
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > regards,
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > --
>
> >
>
> > Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis
>
> >
>
> >
>
>
__________________________________________
>
> _____
>
> >
>
> > fpc-devel maillist - fpc-
>
> de
> ***@lists.freepascal.org
> > http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-
> bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-devel
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
>
>
>
__________________________________________
_____
>
> fpc-devel maillist - fpc-
***@lists.freepascal.org
> http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-
bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-devel
>
>
>
>

_______________________________________________
fpc-devel maillist - fpc-***@lists.freepascal.org
http://list
w***@windstream.net
2018-08-01 03:13:45 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 07/31/2018 12:14 PM, J. Gareth Moreton wrote:
> I've sent a message to my ISP to see if that sheds any light.

once upon a time, vote with your feet was a valued option... you can easily set
up another free email address and use that with a better reader if
needed/desired... you never have had to use your ISP given address ;)


--
NOTE: No off-list assistance is given without prior approval.
*Please keep mailing list traffic on the list unless*
*a signed and pre-paid contract is in effect with us.*
_______________________________________________
fpc-devel maillist - fpc-***@lists.freepascal.org
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/f
w***@windstream.net
2018-07-31 17:30:36 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 07/31/2018 06:10 AM, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-devel wrote:
> Hi Gareth,
>
>   could you please try again to fix the threading for your messages ?


he'll have to switch readers or somehow cause the one he's using to properly use
and update the References line(s) in the headers... right now, none of his posts
have References lines in them even though the posts he's responding to have them...


>   It's hard to follow your very interesting conversation's without proper list
> thread support.


i agree completely and asked him about this a week or so ago...


--
NOTE: No off-list assistance is given without prior approval.
*Please keep mailing list traffic on the list unless*
*a signed and pre-paid contract is in effect with us.*
_______________________________________________
fpc-devel maillist - fpc-***@lists.freepascal.org
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin
R0b0t1
2018-07-31 18:29:28 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:30 PM, <***@windstream.net> wrote:
> On 07/31/2018 06:10 AM, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-devel wrote:
>>
>> Hi Gareth,
>>
>> could you please try again to fix the threading for your messages ?
>
>
>
> he'll have to switch readers or somehow cause the one he's using to properly
> use and update the References line(s) in the headers... right now, none of
> his posts have References lines in them even though the posts he's
> responding to have them...
>
>
>> It's hard to follow your very interesting conversation's without proper
>> list thread support.
>
>
>
> i agree completely and asked him about this a week or so ago...
>
>

Everything is fine here, can the people reporting an issue describe
their email client and service provider?
_______________________________________________
fpc-devel maillist - fpc-***@lists.freepascal.org
http://lists.freepascal.
w***@windstream.net
2018-08-01 03:31:57 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 07/31/2018 02:29 PM, R0b0t1 wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 12:30 PM, <***@windstream.net> wrote:
>> i agree completely and asked him about this a week or so ago...
>
> Everything is fine here, can the people reporting an issue describe
> their email client and service provider?


that's really weird, then, since none of kit's posts arrive here in my (latest)
thunderbird (via pop3, not news) with any Referencces in them...


--
NOTE: No off-list assistance is given without prior approval.
*Please keep mailing list traffic on the list unless*
*a signed and pre-paid contract is in effect with us.*
_______________________________________________
fpc-devel maillist - fpc-***@lists.freepascal.org
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-devel
J. Gareth Moreton
2018-07-31 20:31:18 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Not ideal, but certainly an option. I'll see if my ISP gets back to me
first, and if not, then I'll add my Gmail account to the list and use
that.  Sorry to cause trouble with the threading.

Gareth

On Tue 31/07/18 19:54 , Nikolai Zhubr n-a-***@yandex.ru sent:
Hi,

31.07.2018 19:05, J. Gareth Moreton:
> I can only apologise for that. I can only
> send and receive emails through a webmail
> system on this address, and it doesn't
> seem to honour the threading of the
> messages. I'm not sure what option I'm
> missing if there is one.

Sorry if I sound dumb, but maybe create e.g. some new gmail.com account
for this and just use Thunderbird mailer with it? Would require maybe 15
minutes to arrange. (Unless you use some very unusual OS where
Thuderbird is unavailable or some very ugly uplink provider which
filters normal traffic horribly)

Regards,
Nikolai

> Gareth aka. Kit
>
>
> On Tue 31/07/18 11:10 , "Dimitrios Chr.
> Ioannidis via fpc-devel" fpc-
> ***@lists.freepascal.org [1] sent:
>> Hi Gareth,
>>
>>
>>
>> could you please try again to fix the
> threading for your messages ?

_______________________________________________
fpc-devel maillist - fpc-***@lists.freepascal.org [2]
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-devel
[3]">http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/fpc-devel



Links:
Loading...