Soft Float for AVR
Add Reply
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-devel
2018-07-18 12:33:02 UTC

AFAIU, the AVR architecture doesn't support floating point variables.

I want to ask if soft float support ( like ARM ) is planned. Does
anyone work or plan to work on this ?

regards,
--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis
http://lists.
Mathias
2018-07-18 14:47:47 UTC
Hello

The AVR does not support floating-point numbers on the hardware side.
The ATtiny does not even support multiplications of Interger.
The ATMega supports least multiplications of integers.
Divisions do not support everyone.

This refers to the 8-bit AVR, as it looks with the others, I do not know.

mfg Mathias
Hi,
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin
Christo Crause
2018-07-18 19:02:55 UTC
On Wed, 18 Jul 2018, 14:33 Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-devel, <
Post by Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-devel
Hi,
AFAIU, the AVR architecture doesn't support floating point variables.
I want to ask if soft float support ( like ARM ) is planned. Does
anyone work or plan to work on this ?
I haven't seen any commits in this regard in the last year or two for AVR.
Not sure if someone is working on it offline. I suspect it will be quite a
bit of work to generate a compact version for the AVR.