@Gareth messages thread
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-devel
2018-07-31 10:10:25 UTC
Hi Gareth,

could you please try again to fix the threading for your messages ?

It's hard to follow your very interesting conversation's without
proper list thread support.

regards,
--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis
http://lists.freep
J. Gareth Moreton
2018-07-31 16:05:34 UTC
I can only apologise for that. I can only
send and receive emails through a webmail
system on this address, and it doesn't
seem to honour the threading of the
messages. I'm not sure what option I'm
missing if there is one.

Gareth aka. Kit

On Tue 31/07/18 11:10 , "Dimitrios Chr.
Ioannidis via fpc-devel" fpc-
Nikolai Zhubr
2018-07-31 18:54:18 UTC
Post by J. Gareth Moreton
I can only apologise for that. I can only
send and receive emails through a webmail
system on this address, and it doesn't
seem to honour the threading of the
messages. I'm not sure what option I'm
missing if there is one.
Sorry if I sound dumb, but maybe create e.g. some new gmail.com account
for this and just use Thunderbird mailer with it? Would require maybe 15
minutes to arrange. (Unless you use some very unusual OS where
Thuderbird is unavailable or some very ugly uplink provider which
filters normal traffic horribly)

Regards,
Nikolai
http://lists.freepascal.org/cg
J. Gareth Moreton
2018-07-31 16:14:22 UTC
I've sent a message to my ISP to see if
that sheds any light.

I'm honoured that my conversations are
interesting!

Gareth aka. Kit

Post by J. Gareth Moreton
system on this address, and it doesn't
seem to honour the threading of the
messages. I'm not sure what option I'm
missing if there is one.
Gareth aka. Kit
On Tue 31/07/18 11:10 , "Dimitrios Chr.
Ioannidis via fpc-devel" fpc-
de
2018-08-01 03:13:45 UTC
I've sent a message to my ISP to see if that sheds any light.
once upon a time, vote with your feet was a valued option... you can easily set
up another free email address and use that with a better reader if
needed/desired... you never have had to use your ISP given address ;)
2018-07-31 17:30:36 UTC
Post by Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-devel
Hi Gareth,
  could you please try again to fix the threading for your messages ?
he'll have to switch readers or somehow cause the one he's using to properly use
and update the References line(s) in the headers... right now, none of his posts
have References lines in them even though the posts he's responding to have them...
Post by Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-devel
  It's hard to follow your very interesting conversation's without proper list
thread support.
i agree completely and asked him about this a week or so ago...
http://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-bin
R0b0t1
2018-07-31 18:29:28 UTC
Post by w***@windstream.net
Post by Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-devel
Hi Gareth,
could you please try again to fix the threading for your messages ?
he'll have to switch readers or somehow cause the one he's using to properly
use and update the References line(s) in the headers... right now, none of
his posts have References lines in them even though the posts he's
responding to have them...
Post by Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-devel
It's hard to follow your very interesting conversation's without proper
list thread support.
i agree completely and asked him about this a week or so ago...
Everything is fine here, can the people reporting an issue describe
their email client and service provider?
http://lists.freepascal.
w***@windstream.net
2018-08-01 03:31:57 UTC
Post by R0b0t1
Post by w***@windstream.net
i agree completely and asked him about this a week or so ago...
Everything is fine here, can the people reporting an issue describe
their email client and service provider?
that's really weird, then, since none of kit's posts arrive here in my (latest)
thunderbird (via pop3, not news) with any Referencces in them...
J. Gareth Moreton
2018-07-31 20:31:18 UTC
Not ideal, but certainly an option. I'll see if my ISP gets back to me
first, and if not, then I'll add my Gmail account to the list and use
that.  Sorry to cause trouble with the threading.

Gareth

On Tue 31/07/18 19:54 , Nikolai Zhubr n-a-***@yandex.ru sent:
Hi,

Post by J. Gareth Moreton
Gareth aka. Kit
On Tue 31/07/18 11:10 , "Dimitrios Chr.
Ioannidis via fpc-devel" fpc-
Post by Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-devel
Hi Gareth,
could you please try again to fix the
threading for your messages ?

Links: